List of Resources for Military Families
- National Military Families Association-This site provides information and resources on education, moving, and scholarship opportunities and tips and resources to help prepare families for military deployment.
- Red Cross: Help for Military Families-Information on Red Cross sponsored programs for military families as well as a toolkit for families of things to consider before deployment
- Every One Serves-Free, downloadable workbook with resources, information, and helpful tips for families going through the deployment process.
- Our Military Kids- Provides $500 grant for children of National Guard/Reserve and Wounded Warriors for sports, fine arts, camps or academic tutoring.
Moving/Making New Friends
- National Military Family Association-Information and links to help families prepare for military transitions and moving.
- Children of Military Service Members Resource Guide-includes a listing of resources including children’s books grouped by age range that can be helpful for deployment, homecoming, and moving.
- Military Youth on the Move-A website designed for children 6 years to teens with information on topics such as moving, military life and divorce.
- Care.com- An article that discusses the common impacts of transitions for military kids and links to resources that will help with adjustment to new schools and free tutoring services.
Organizations that provide financial benefits/assistance to families
- USA Cares-A non-profit organization that provides financial assistance and grants for families in crisis across the United States.
- The Armed Forces Foundation- An organization that provides financial assistance to families facing hardship due to injury or other military connected circumstances.
- Red Cross Financial Assistance- Information on financial assistance provided by the Red Cross in times of crisis or for emergency travel or burial of a loved one.
- Veterans of Foreign Wars: Family Assistance- Information about various financial programs for military families provided by the VFW.
- Operation Home Front- An organization that provides food assistance, auto and home repair, vision care, travel and transportation, moving assistance, essential home items, and financial assistance for currently deployed military members, wounded veterans, and active duty military E1-E6 rank in the New England area.
- Military Friends Foundation- A Massachusetts based program that provides needs-based grants for National Guard members and a scholarship for graduating seniors or freshmen in college who have had a parent/guardian who has served since 2001.
Education/Employment for Military Spouses
- Blue Star Families- A non-profit organization committed to connecting, empowering and supporting military families across the country. Various programs including discounted and free museum admissions and books for kids.
- UNITE US-A social media site that allows veterans, family members, and civilians to register and connect with those around them as well as seek help for various topics from people who have listed themselves as a resource to the community.
This information was compiled by Rayna Charles, One Tough Job Manager, and reviewed by the Program Staff of The Children’s Trust.